for your children is such a good way to help them grow skills in observation, imagination, and organization. Here are some tips if your children are interested in Photography:
- Provide them with a camera. Now that doesn’t mean you need to go buy the latest and greatest camera to get started, the best camera is the best you have with you! A local camera shop like Henry’s is a great place to check out new and used cameras!
- Teach them how to use it! And I know what you’re thinking, that’s so easy for an Ottawa Wedding Photographer to just say that. But hear me out, with ample resources on YouTube, learning about the basics like focus, exposure, and composition is just a few clicks away!
- Create photo challenges (or use this one I made!) or come up with photo tasks to help encourage themes or ideas. They can be general like animal photos, or specific like long-exposure photography.
- Chat about their interests, and see if there are opportunities for them to learn about that field of photography maybe even in a hands-on way! I have happily answered many DMs and emails from students (and even occasionally from parents asking on behalf of their kids!)
- Display their work! I can’t tell you how wonderful it was having my nana put my photos in frames growing up and being encouraged!